Saturday, August 7, 2010

Wicky-Wicky Wacky Waikiki

(The title to this post is actually taken from the lyrics to the song "Pineapple Princess" by Annette Funicello. It's so adorable!)

Koala has been upset with me lately, as I've been spending too much time with another inanimate object - namely, my mosquito bite medicine. I'm sorry, my dear. You know I'm just using him for his cruelty-free itching relief; I love none other but you!

Er. Moving on ...
Yesterday was a grueling day, lemme tell you. The itinerary went something like this:

10:00am: Suntanning on a beach in Waikiki.
12:30pm: A lunch of French desserts and delicious Japanese grilled steak.
2:00pm: Napping in the shade of a tree next to the ocean.
6:00pm: Eating delicious food while watching hula girls and half-naked guys in skirts dance with fire.

So, as you can see ... exhausting!

My mom and Doug call this place the "office," presumably because this is where he used to go to get work done. I am so jealous.

Caught during a moment of peace between waves! A minute later, a giant wave completely soaked the ground where I stood to take this picture.

PIG ROAST! WHOO!
But all things good must come to an end, as today I was dragged along to go hiking. I am all for braving the outdoors and squishing through ankle-deep mud and suffering mosquito bites, but -- oh, wait. I'm not. So we can all guess how well this venture went!

The mud covered up where I'd gotten my favorite band to autograph my Converse ... :'(
As a budding photographer (hah!), I figured it was a good time to maybe take a bunch of photos as part of a series. I call these next four pictures "Doug the Explorer" ... creative, right?

 

But Doug the Explorer would be nothing without his faithful partner, Boots the Monkey -- I mean my mom.

I actually looked up Dora the Explorer on Wikipedia so I could find the name of her companion. If that isn't dedication to blogging, I don't know what is.


We're going to the market at Hale'iwa tomorrow -- that's right, shopping! Cue giddy and excited Angela bouncing off the walls after a day spent sloshing around in muddy Converse. Although, given the voracious appetite I've developed on this trip, I'll probably spend all of my money on food before I even get to the real merchandise ...

2 comments: